At Solas our Volunteer Scheme is underpinned by our values
Our values and behaviours were created from hundreds of conversations between Pobl staff and customers about what really matters. To all of us. Together. They define what it means to be a Pobl person and are present in everything we do: every service, every outcome and every interaction along the way.
Solas offers the following benefits to its volunteers:
- Every Volunteer requires a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check, Solas can process this at no expense to the volunteer;
- Each Volunteer will have the opportunity to develop and identify their own development pathways and goals;
- Opportunities to gain accredited qualifications in ‘Volunteering’
- Volunteers are supported by a line manager and will receive 121 support;
- Solas will provide training for Volunteers specific to their role;
- Volunteers will gain opportunities to socialise, form friendships and widen networks at work and across the group;
- Solas will provide support for career progression e.g., CV, job interview coaching and help to progress Volunteers who wish to access new opportunities;
- Travel expenses where applicable (see Volunteer Travel Claim Policy)
- Volunteers will have access to Human Resources support & services if required.
Please contact Catherine on 07837033535 or firstname.lastname@example.org to chat about how you can get involved as a volunteer.