We support hundreds of people who are homeless, at risk of homelessness or vulnerably housed.
Solas services are flexible to the needs of the people we support but some of our services specialize in providing support to people with specific support needs. Over the last 30 years we have broadened our expertise to work with people with mental health or drug and alcohol problems, current or ex-offenders, rough sleepers, people with challenging behavior, people fleeing domestic abuse and those at risk of eviction due to anti-social behaviour.
Many people we support have led chaotic and challenging lifestyles, some for many years, we strive to ensure that even those with the most complex needs are able to maintain their accommodation and do not become trapped in the homelessness cycle.
We believe that each and every person that we support has skills and talents that may be untapped due to their personal circumstances. We support people to recognise their own potential and to develop goals to follow their aspirations. Our Solutions Focused Model of support provides a platform for every person Solas supports to move forward in their lives. In our Young Person’s services we also use our H2H Scheme to encouraged people to plan for their own independence.
- Albert Street Direct Access, Newport
A 21 bed direct access scheme providing accommodation and support to people who are street homeless
- Clarence Place Complex Needs, Newport
A 20 bed scheme providing accommodation and support to people with mental health or substance misuse challenges
- Clifton Place, Newport
A29 bed short term accommodation and support scheme for people in priority housing need
- Shared houses
Solas operates a wide variety of ‘Move On’ style accommodation, these are shared or independent houses with low levels of support
Young Person’s Services
- Hales House, Torfaen
A 21 bed scheme for young people aged 16-25, providing accommodation and support
- Hill House, Chepstow
A 8 bed scheme for young people aged 16-25, providing accommodation and support
- Woodstock House, Abergaveny
A 12 bed scheme for young people aged 16-25, providing accommodation and support
- The Countryman, Caerphilly
A 14 bed scheme for young people aged 16-25, providing accommodation and support
- Cluster accommodationSolas operates a wide variety of ‘move on’ or ‘Cluster’ style accommodation, these are shared or independent flats with low levels of support
- Family Intervention Service
Specialist high intensity whole family support for people who have reached ‘crisis’ and are at serious risk of losing their accommodation or having children removed into care.
- Temporary Family Homes
Homes with floating support for families who are seeking accommodation and who may be in transition
Highly Vulnerable Young People
- George Street, Newport
High Support 8 bed accommodation and support service for young people transitioning from care services to independent living
- Caerphilly YP Floating Support
A service providing support to young people aged 16-25 in their own homes or temporary accommodation
- Vale of Glamorgan Floating Support – Mental Health
A service providing support to people with mental health problems in their own homes
- Monmouthshire Floating Support
A service providing low level housing support to adults across Monmouthshire
Alcohol and Treatment Services
- Solas work in conjunction with Pen Yr Enfys to provide accommodation and treatment solutions for people who have alcohol or substance dependency challenges. Please see the PYE website for more information: PYE – link to their website
- Our clinical psychology service provides support to people we support and staff teams across Solas services
- Cre8 SE